Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Hangin out with Brett Hull

Did a voice audition yesterday, and ran into my pal Squatch. Squatch is a very funny comedian and an actor. We often run into each other at voice auditions because we have similar voices. He gave me a home-cooked cookie, which I promptly ate with my coffee, and forgot about. Until about and hour later when I just about passed out. Fortunately the sun was out, and I was down at "my office" (Starbucks on Cornwall and Yew) and so I sat there all afternoon, glad not to be handling large machinery. Lots of people came by and so there was plenty of conversation. Pete Johansson and Dan Quinn showed up, Pete did his always funny attempt to sabotage whatever conversation I may be in, particularly if it's with a female. Met a musician name Tayo, and a guy from North Van, Gabriel, whose interested in writing comedy. Gave both guys CD's and believe I have secured two new fans. I prefer the attention of normal people, then other comedians, although, I have many friends who are comedians, and do enjoy shop talk every now and then.

There is a new online forum at comedycouch.com - dedicated to comedy in Vancouver. There wasn't much activity on it, so I signed up and just wrote about the show i was doing. I also slid in a anti-TO remark to see if they were listening, and sure enough, some toronto-types started screaming. Anyway, it might be useful thing for people so check it out. I do love to provoke people.

Speaking of that, I met Brett Hull one night when he was playing for St. Louis. He was at Bar None with the rest of his team, and it was a couple of years ago when the smoking bans were coming in, but you could still smoke at Bar None, if you did it right. I was a regular there so I was in. Anyway, Brett Hull looks over at me and says, "Hey you can't smoke in here!" I said "I know" and took another drag. He said, "Unless you give me one." So I did. I had done a show that night, and there were some people in the club who had seen it. I told Breet that he was the second most famous person in the bar. He thought that was pretty funny. We talked for about half and hour about hockey. It was great.

Reminds me, I have been a regular caller on "The Brook Ward Show" on the Team 1040. It's surprising how many people hear me on that show. People are always saying they heard me.

Two days before my tour starts in Saskatoon. I am dreading it, but it's time to start packing. Gotta make a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment