Monday, September 19, 2005

A colleague reviews me


From the first time I've seen you, it's been sort of like watching a particularly harrowing street race. You fire out these wonderful, witty lines, the timing of a, well, a skilled comic, then you tip over the line of edgy to offensive, then pull yourself up, say something really insightful and humble (and fuckin' funny), and I'm back on with you again. I love Alfred's appearances throughout your set, I love the hamster stories...You have a way about you, in your act that is at once enraged and horrified, and tender, vulnerable and optimistic. I hope that doesn't threaten your masculinity, there, Richard, those last adjectives there.
Thanks for this, Richard. It's really been a great pleasure to see your work, and to get to know you a little bit over this last while.


all the best,
Erin Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment