Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Dead Poetry Slam





Leanne and I went the the Dead Poet Slam at Cafe Du Soliel. She went as Sylvia Plathe, and I was the Dead Cowboy Poet. I didn't have a poem for my Character, but entered the slam anyway, because they didn't have too many competitors there. Then a bunch showed up. Anyway, I went up, took a swig from my bottle of Jack, (a suggestion from Sylvia) and then read my freshly scribed poem, Cowboy Poetry is Dead. Well the judges LOVED it, and I was in first place going into the second round. So I did my other poem about poetry, "The Slam Poet" and scored even higher points and WON THE SLAM. So now I can put that to my credit along with the annoying "Canada's George Carlin". Anyway, the group photo is of the newly established fan club for the Dead Cowboy Poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment