Saturday, March 04, 2006

Vancouver in all it's GLORY


Today was a timely reminder of why I live in Vancouver. The was out so me and the poetess went down to the beach for a walk. It was so beautiful down there, I wish I had brought my camara to show you.

This is a tough time for me and my family. My father is in the final stages of leukemia, and so I am in constant contact with my sisters who are there in Camrose, as well as several of his grand children. I had a great visit last month with my mom and dad, and so there is little for me to do but wait. My daughter and g-friend will head out to Camrose when the time comes. This is the way it goes, and my father's 77 years have made a big impact in literally hundreds of lives. As a principal of a large high school for over thirty years, he was recognized all over the world, and I have met many, many people who he helped in such a way that their gratitude extended to me. I have been blessed by his role in my life, and believe I am a good father because of his example. This is the beginning of a new leg on the journey, and I am not sure I am ready for it. I am fortunate to have many great friends, and a strong and close family. I appreciate the kind wishes many have already extended to me, and I will do my best to live up to the high standards of integrity that my father set before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment