Monday, May 08, 2006

Thundering Word


Did a feature spot at the Thundering Word at Main and 26th last night. It was, as always, challenging to perform for alternative crowds, but the result was pretty much the same - I killed 'em. It is a very educated crowd there, and there was the who's who of poetry in attendance last night, so the solid and positive reaction was gratifying. I did a set at Blue's room on Friday, which was fine, but I really enjoyed being the only stand-up on the show last night. The poetess got up after me and killed as well, so we were a pretty cool couple last night.

I have one audition this week, (SO FAR) and it's monday morning. A strange day for comedians, because it's sorta the weekend for us, but it's still Monday in the rest of the world, so I still have to get my shit together today, just cause it's Monday.

And my mother arrives today, her first visit since my dad passed away, so it'll be good to see her. The garden outside is looking prime for some work, so maybe she and I can get some stuff done out there, if the weather cooperates.

This Thursday, I headline the Sylvia, a supposedly clean room, so that should be a different sort of challenge. For the most part, I have been opening myself up to smaller local venues, and building business, and an audience, that way.

We also had a small party on Saturday night, as we slowly break my neighbours into the idea of people in the yard. This will lead to a larger event here this summer. Details to follow later.

No comments:

Post a Comment