Saturday, August 12, 2006

Openmiking and the Family




Well, after a few months of working on my website, while leaving the old one up, now both are down. My geek assures me that this is due to some domain change of some sort, but the people I told to contact me through my website, won't be able too, so if you wanna email me - it's funny4money22@hotmail.com

meanwhile, I did a set for the first time at the Wink Cafe on E8th. It was a lot of fun, and it was cool to hang out with the eastenders of comedy. I always enjoy my conversations with Jeff Yu and AJ Mackenzie. They are real students of the game, and often have questions for me about writing and shit. Young upstarts are ALWAYS inspiring, because they still have lots of room to fill in their acts. Most of the guys at my level of experience have their act down, and are loathe to change it. I still enjoy the thrill of coming up with a new bit, and so hanging at these kinds of rooms challenges me to keep it fresh.

Dylan Reimer (who spells it Rhymer so people don't call him rEEmer - an old beef from the Menonite commune)produces the show and put me on. A friend of his from work at Storyeum came down to see the show, and turns out has seen me perform in Quesnel. Victor was very excited to see me ("Oh my God - it's Richard Lett). He bought my first CD ("am i being insensitive?") and has been a big fan ever since. Dylan told him I would be on the show at Stages the next night, so I agreed to do that show.

Then my sister and her family (husband Neil, and my neice Amanda, and nephews Danial and Ben) are visiting and staying at the hotel where the Stages show is. Since it is half restaurant, half pub - the kids could stay for the show. So they got to see their uncle close the show - which they thought was very cool.

The English Bastards - a couple who are regulars at Stages, were there to support and be picked on by me. Apparently they are also readers of my blog - so hello ENGLISH BASTARDS!!
Today - we hit the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment