Thursday, March 22, 2007

happy birthday to me





as of midnight tonight, it is my birthday. it's my forty something birthday. i'm not being obtuse, i just can't remember. Definately in my forties though. So after fighting tooth and nail to get my money for gigs i did in Langley and CFB Comox, it will arrive by courier tomorrow. Then i will insure my car, pay my bank loan, and head out to maple Ridge to see my daughter. Hopefully I'll get a present. Most presents i get are pretty lame, usually a shirt or a travel mug. maybe this year i'll get some good stuff. last year at my birthday, i had just gone through my father's funeral, and I had to talk the old toilet seat into have a party. what a piece of shit girlfriend she was. so she has a party which was attended mostly by the fat fake poets, showing off there wares, splitting a big bottle of sprite between them, and rattling off their cringe inducing spoken word, with nary an ounce of talent amongst them. This year, with the old toilet seat gone, I am having my cool friends over, and I won't have to listen to one bullshit stories of fantasy lives presented as the truth. That will be the biggest birthday gift of all is not having those fucks in my house, EVER AGAIN!!




Tonight i visited my bro Kerem, who works at truffles. He made the best food for my B-day. Then I went to the Two Parrots for KYHU's newest comedy show. I was on, which was good because I was able to get some work anyway. Possible venue for me and peppersprey. Meanwhile I finally checked out onwww.comedycouch.com the thread on the forum about my Ballad of Bobby Picton. Funny how humourless comedians can be. Not funny, actually...




This morning Marla and I had coffee and the bought me a birthday breakfast. Marla lives in an apartment upstairs and has a bird and she has been my softest landing in all this mess. she is a big-time Yoga instructer (gets her lululemon for free) and is the most agreeable person. sometimes she brings her bird over and Cardonay hangs out with Louis. Louis has a crush on Char, but she is far too busy to consider his wistful overtures. Not unlike their owners. Marla is beautiful in and out. And a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment