Tuesday, September 04, 2007

time penalty costs me the victory


Went to the poetry slam last night. Finished in the money - third, even though i had a time penalty. Got one 10 in my score.

Hung out with Rogue, who did his piece on not having much of a "piece". Very funny, but he went over time too, so he didn't advance. He manges to not care and continue to dance to a different drummer. Since I'm hitting the road next week, that will be my last salm till I get back. Then slam has been great fun for me, and even though the B listers tried to push me out, I held my ground and found my place there. Fred asked me if I would like to be on the team next year, and I told him I would. Then I went to the Arts club to play my songs. People liked the new ending on the path.


I am starting to feel the seperation anxiety that I always get before leaving on a long road trip but "this too shall pass".

No comments:

Post a Comment