Monday, September 10, 2007

wasn't that a party


Well, it's the night before i fly to TO to get back to work at my main thang, but i gotta tell you about the party on Saturday night. My favourite genius David McNally was first to show up at 7:45 with his friend John. Then town drunk John showed up right at 8pm, when the party was scheduled to start. He had a bottle of whiskey in his pocket, and for a sixty two year he held his own, being the last to leave at about 3am. Then Corry my hairstylist showed up followed by Winstar and Angela. Three beautiful women, and a ration unequaled at any of my other parties. (To be fair, the other parties were primarily the ex's friends and were for the most part to old and lame for my tastes. My insistence that no one in Overalls would be allowed insured that we would not have to sustain the squawking sound of BS that ineveitable accompanied it. (Rogue - you know what I mean)). Special K showed up with freshly baked cookies and Banana bread, but thats as down home as it got.


Coolness followed. Duff showed up with FOUR women, and Stephane arrived to insure that there will always be someone with a french accent at the OV parties. The rest of the Noobie Nobinson band showed up, Hat and MaHATma, and the music went live. Corry played and sang, I played and sang, and Rowan Lipkovitz played his accordian and did his classic Al Mater adaptations. We closed his set with a spirited rendition of "The Ballad of Bobby Pickton".

Rogue compelled Sara to sing with me accompanying and made sure the standard level of wierdness was maintained.


The effervescent Clare showed up with a date and a very funny card for me, and pastries stolen from her work. Speaking of hot food, I got some frozen pizza's and cooked them and it really hit the spot. Never thought of doing that at a party before, but it worked (note to self). As the night got hazy and the noise complaints started coming in, my cousin Marc showed up. Marc is the only member of my family (besides my daughter) worth inviting to these things.


The whole night was a reminder of how far I've come since booting the ex out. Marc was the only one at my New Years Eve party and he was the last guest to show up at my place. The truth is, I have turned my life around, kept the friends I wanted from the past, and added a bunch of new ones. My anger has be replaced with a sense of peace, and this party showed how much people have come to care about me.


Tommorow, begins a new leg of my journey, and I look forward to having a coming home party in a couple of months. Thanks to all my friends who showed up, and all the heartfelt regrets by those that couldn't show up. I LOVE YOU ALL!!

1 comment: