Friday, May 09, 2008

First cycle done.




Well, everyday for the last five I have gone in to the Agency and had about 20,000 dollars worth of drugs poured into me. The real innovation in Chemo is the Pre-Meds, the drugs to block nausea, and allow the treatments to not totally undermine the host. So, I am eating and resting pretty comfortably for now. The next round of side-effects are less avoidable. Within the next week my blood counts will begin to drop, leaving me tired and susceptable to infection. But so far so good.

I am on a curative protocol so that means it will be done, but they way it will get done is going to be by hitting it very aggressively. Yipee.

I have chosen the metaphor of war, as any good red horseman would do. The Cancer is the Nazi's, and the two major Chemo's are Cisoplat(Churchill) and Etoposide (Stalin), the first to control the spread (Cisoplat stops cells from dividing), and the second to KILL (Etoposide kills fast multi playing cells). Stalin's approach is that some civilians will be lost, but for the greater good. The Nazi's days are numbered, which they are just starting to find out about. The Allied forces have landed, and the battle is ON.

Photos are from the Sixth floor of the Agency.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:33 PM

    To continue with the war metaphor: you neglected mentioning the allies. Hitler's allies are your enemies--nicotine, caffeine, and processed sugar. As much as you may like them, they are not on your side. They are friends of Hitler, and you know what his agenda is. To win, I'd suggest you make good use of your allies--anti-oxident foods & juices such as berries, tomatoes, lemons, beets, etc. You need all the help you can get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Richard, I had no idea and every once in a while I manage to pull myself to the worlds surface. I hope you are enjoying the nurses. Shit Jack is waking up and he has a cold, sorry hon. I will keep in touch. love you LOADS. b.

    ReplyDelete