Thursday, May 10, 2007

finished third in story slam

Went to the Story Slam at Our Town cafe last night. Told my story about being attcked during my show in Edson. Went up early, which tends to lower your scores, and was also immediately heckled as soon as I said I was a stand-up, so I finished out of the money. Strangely, I hadn't been there in months, after Leanne sent me a letter threatening to call the police if I showed up to this event, or any other where she was advertised as a performer, (which has never happened - nor is it likely to with her limited abilities). Anyway, guess who shows up after even longer being away. Yep. Her friend Trina was with her. I didn't know she was there but Trina was sticking her tongue out at me, so I went outside to see what was up, and there she was. I forgot want a runt she is. (no thats not a typo, i meant runt - as in short) Anyway they all left. So I guess I won that round. Meanwhile Trina has gotten HUGE. OBESE. Made Leanne look thin by comparison. Maybe thats why all Leanne's friend are obese. To make her feel thin. Her roommate when we met was morbidly obese, but found some asian chubby chaser in L.A. and moved there, so now Trina's taken up the role. I mean she's is double the size she was. Looks like she ate Dana Alexander with Darren Frost for dessert!

Anyway, I trying to find work. Yuks has nothing for me, and the comedy open mics are a waste of time, run by amateurs in the spirit of the Urban Well (ie passing off amateurs as pros, and middle acts as headliners and charging the public for it). Much prefer the Spoken word, where there doesn't have to a punchline all the time, and where the mentality is less superficial that stand-ups. And the girls are better looking, less hostile, and more likely to be straight.

My band "Peppersprey" is getting ready to do the Anarchy Slam on the 21st, plus trying to book some other venues to mix Slam, Stand-up and Music. Been doing some odd jobs which I will tell you about later.

Have faith, dear readers, and don't give into the fear.

New friend brought me some rhubarb pie, and isn't life really like that? Life is a Rhubarb pie, sometimes sour, sometimes sweet, always filling and made a little better with some ice cream on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment