Friday, April 22, 2005

at the union office

Here I am at the UBCP office, in downtown Vancouver.
The show last night went very well, and I worked out a bit for my showcase on Saturday at Yuks. I have this new bit about hamsters. Think I'll call it hamster people. The pre-release of "At Least There's Drinking" went very well. Stephan R. Hopkins, Paul Kay and Azimuth Music are doing a great job compiling the full CD, due for release June1, 2005.
It was great fun to have some guys that I hang out with from the neighbourhood come out to the show last night. I called it Cement Row, which is in fact a curb on the edge of Malone's parking lot in twitsilano, where the sun shines all day, unimpeded by starbucks awnings or those annoying cherry trees. Me, Dave, Duff, Gino, Brook (Ward - of Sports Talk Radio fame) sit and watch the every changing slandscape of braless lululemonish bumfloss riding kits girls. God love'em. And we guys appreciate them. This centuries old passtime (some say as fun back as Egypt, men would sit beside the pyramid, smoke, drink, and watch the women work...) will happen every day the sun is out , until next october. I will be away and will miss Cement Row, just down from Jurassic Park(Rosini's) across from Buckys on Yew. You guys are great I'll miss you, but I'll be back. Unti the Click Click Click.

No comments:

Post a Comment