Monday, June 05, 2006

wonky weekend


its monday, and i'm in a funk because of my weekend. my timing seems to be off. not on the stage, but getting to the stage. it did a middle spot at lafflines on friday, covering for dave copeman. I sold three cd's after my set, but i decided to hang around till the end of the show, to see if I could sell some more. i was going to stages after that, and thought i could make it in time to do a set. i didn't sell any after the show, so then I headed to Vancouver, in time for the end of the show at stages, but it ended early, and they had a good crowd, and I missed it. so i ended up partying with stu hughes and his friends till late, which was fun, but i was hurting for cash, and i'm pretty sure I coulda unloaded some CD's at stages if I had left earlier. so last night, I had planned to go to a jazz bar that a guy named Billy had invited me too, but I couldn't remember the name of this club. I had written down on a piece of newspaper and then misplaced it. so the poetess wanted to go to thundering word to be part of the benefit for T-paul, who usually runs the show, but he had an anherism and was in hospital. so i got on the list to perfrom, but i didn't get on till late. I should have told RC i wanted to get to another show, but I didn't , so he put me up after the break. Well at the break pretty much everybody left, so i decided to bot over to the media club. well that show eneded early as well, and was done. so now i'm feeling like i've got three shows caught in my throat.

I'm shooting this movie tomorrow(Family in Hiding), so that should be fun. Still not totally clear on the character. i'm an undercover FBI agent, who is going as a meth head, according to the script. but then the costume people phoned and asked me to bring clothes that were "Euro-trash" which seems more like coke and meth. anyway, I'll load up a bunch of clothes - leave my beard untrimmed, and hope to come up with it all "one the day" (as they say a lot in the film world.)

No comments:

Post a Comment