Monday, April 09, 2007

Bye Bye Louis, Bye Bye



Two weeks ago my bird Louis took leave of his senses and my apartment. It was a sunny Monday morning, he took two spins around the apartment and straight out the patio door and into the sky. My bird whisperer friend Edmun came over with his bird to try and talk Louis down from the tree. My neighbour Graham climbed the tree and just about caught him, but Louis was loving his freedom too much. Marla came out with her bird to try to attract Louis but it didn't work. All day I was running around as Louis flew around the neighbourhood. My arm was aching from throwing things high in the air to get him off his treetop perches. Finally the sun went down and all I could do was leave his food and indoor perches in the back in an attempt to bring him back. Well, it's two weeks now, and no sign off him. His was a good friend, and I miss him, but he was having the time of his life flying free, so I guess I'll just have to let it go. I ralized while looking for Louis amongst the dozen or so different types of wildbirds in my backyard, that it is cruel to have a flying bird in a cage or even free in the apartment, so I put the perches out in the yard, and got some wild bird seed, and am going to let the backyard be a sanctuary for wild birds, instead of getting a new budgie. Now I'm working on a new song, "Bye Bye Louis, Bye Bye".

No comments:

Post a Comment