Wednesday, September 19, 2007

art bar, and hanging out with the eggwoman

went out to the art bar at a pub called Clinton's last night. It is one of the more literary events in Toronto. Ended up do "I Won't Pay" from memeory on the open mic, so I'm pretty sure I won't need to use a paper for that one again. I found a web cafe that I think I'll be able to download pictures on, so I'm hoping images will return to the blog.

Went for a walk with 7 month pregnant briar to my new office, a coffee place on gerrard and broadview. We had a good talk about our families and what destructive forces they've been in our lives. It is coming clear to me that I may never have any real communication with them again. I met with my brother a few weeks ago, but I am sure that he has decided that I am still far to unhealthy to be associated with them. Not that I want to be, as their lives slide into mediocrity, their need to dismiss me as not good enough for them is ironic.

The more I think about (which I try to do as little as possible) the more i know that it was my father who I had most in common with, and his life was also far different than his families, so I guess, in a certain way I am following his footsteps, on my own path.

I am reminded of my going away party, and the real affection shown for me by my friends, and the joy of not having my family around to dismiss, discourage and criticize. I miss my dad, but not THEM.

And the journey of the fall of 07 continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment