Thursday, September 20, 2007

poetry reading and spirits

I read two poems at Ed Nixon's show at "Isn't Just a Deli" on Queen st West. Read "Crocuses" and "Insomnia". Then I went to Spirits and hung out with Dave Tsonas, Jennifer Grant, Rob Pue, Mike Craigdallie and Matt Billon. Matt encouraged me to do "The Ballad of Bobby Picton" and "She got Fat" for Mike, so my poems got a good work out last night.

Today, I'm gonna try to find a piano to play, and deposit my check and do whatever Briar says. Life is easier that way. Fortunately, being in her third trimester, she usually forgets what she's told me to do, and if not, is easily distracted by a well placed joke. Got an email from Breanna yesterday. She is in French immersion, and got 100 % on a math test. In french! Kid's got brains.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:47 PM

    So how did the Toronto crowd respond to crocuses, bobby & she got fat?

    ReplyDelete