Saturday, June 04, 2005

first time in hamilton

I had a great time in Hamilton working with Mike Beatty and Wafik Nasralla, both Ottawa guys. They both did their time, and had great sets. I, of course, killed, and sold CD's as a result. Wafik just got married and so had his lovely wife with him. Mike and I hooked up with Matty Billon at the underground. I love that bar, and the way they pour Jack and Cokes. Reese, the bartender, listened to my CD that I gave him and he loved it. Thats what I like about CD's is that people that don't have the time or the desire to go to a comedy show, can still enjoy it, and know that I am a seriously funny motherfucker (Reese's words)

Brett and I confirmed another special show at Fionn MacCool's. They loved our show. And thanks to party promotion girl Brandie Kelly, the CD launch was the second biggest Wednesday EVER for Fionn's (and only out of first by 150 bucks). The After Dark comedy show goes every Monday, and the yet to be named show with Pete, Matty, Brett and myself is Sunday June19, 2005. Speaking of dates, today, June 4, is our pal Brett Martin's 26th birthday. Happy Birthday Buddy. Have fun with the folks. And since my blog now has more readers than SHECKY, I encourage eveyone to wish Brett a happy birthday. Send it to me and I'll pass it on. Also check out the photos of the launch under the comments. I'm headlining Hamilton again tonight. Come on out a see what all the hubbub is about. "At Least There's Drinking" should be in some Toronto and Vancouver record stores this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment