Sunday, June 05, 2005

good ontario guys

Feeling bad about the wringer I've been through in the last week, Mike and Wanik wanted to show me that not all Ontario comics are like that, and the haters are the exception not the rule. So it was cool. 46 people at the show, I sold five CD's. Thanks guys for a great job. See ya in a couple weeks in Ottawa. Still amazed at how humourless these TO guys seem to be. But as Brett says, there is no bad publicity.

Anyway, back to what's important to ME. Just got back from church. St.Andrew's Presbyterian. I'm a member of Central Presbyterian in Vancouver, so I like to check out other services on the road. St. Andrew's is an amazing building, celebrating it's 150 anniversary this year. Reverand Cameron Brett is a great preacher, and the choir is literally world class. Rev. Brett is a pretty cool guy. I talked with him after church during the coffee and cookies, and he thought it was pretty funny that I was a comedian. I told him how disturbing that was for some of my colleagues. They say "Why?" I tell them I like to go anywhere where people look at me and say, "It's so nice to see young people here". But I was raised this way, and so it gives me rounding. I met Patricia Heaton at church in Vancouver. She was in town shooting a movie for her own company Four Boys Films. Patti, as she prefers, is very funny herself. Remember she shocked Hollywood by talking about her plastic surgery on Letterman. Dave said, "You have four sons and you still look great!" She said, "Yeah? Two Words Dave. Plastic Surgery." She told me what church to go to in New York, Holy Redeemer Presbyterian.

The toughest week is ahead. With only two shows last week and two in Kingston next week, it will be slim pickens for sure. But things pick up after that. I'll head to Ottawa and stay with my old friend Mike Holmes and his family. He's gonna help me do a CD launch there. Then Toronto, June22-25.

It is hot today. My suit was suffocating on the way home from church. This afternoon I'm headed to Brett's for a BBQ and then Einstein's (Paul the English Bastard is hosting) then Hurricanes - Matty's new spot, and then possibly the Old York for Mister Anonymous. I may not be making any money, but I sure am drinking for free. Woohoo. The "AT LEAST THERE'S DRINKING" Tour is aptly named.

No comments:

Post a Comment