Monday, August 22, 2005

Things got strange...


Kevin Foxx asked me what happened with the "bloggergate" controversy in Toronto when we were working together at Yuk Yuks in Vancouver last Saturday. So I told him what happened. I spit venom online, slammed a show, and took personal shots at some people, and the whole city got there panties in a knot, because, as Kev put it, "they don't speak Richard".
And I left it at that. Didn't bother telling him that I only had the thing on-line for 12 hours, but by that time, the ultra-pussified parts of the comedy community had made copies of it, and emailed it to everyone. Then the hate began. They were after blood. Everyone at yuk yuks got calls for my head. I had no idea anyone was reading it, but I learned that K.R. and D.F. had been reading it without leaving a message. (This is called, in the cyberworld, "lurking".) Anyway, these guys got what they needed that fateful sunday morning, as I feeling foul and hungover (low blood sugar)and cranked out my ire on an ill-advised blog. I don't have a copy of it, because I deleted it later that day, but I'm sure sveral TO comics have it saved.Anyway, the hate mail came in. Some of it I will copy here:

You are truly the most disgusting individual I have ever seen.It is a shame your child has to endure you.And for someone who is forever trying to be honest you need to turn it around and look at yourself.Half of your life is over(probably more)and you are still on couches and people will not even let you stay on them.No one cares that your grandmother beat you.If I was your grandmother I would have done worse than beat you.And look at Mr.Hack with a comment about everyone elses act.Funny people(like Brent Butt) have better things to do.If you were in fact secure with what you are doing on stage you wouldn't need to hack on other people or embelish yourself.And if your booker's were secure in your act you probably wouldn't be on couches would you?YOU KNOW YOU ARE A HACK!The last thing you willever be is original.And the only person who would refer to you as George Carlin is a deaf one.
signed co-worker

look at the old man trying to tread water in apool of his own shit.ha ha ha.You don't need anymore enemies you will always be your own worst enemy.have you considred suicide,that would be a lot more genuine than your empty apologies and your kid would be better off.It's a shame you don't have any life insurance she could use that when your gone.and please quit stand up you are an embarrassment to the scene.
signed yeah right

Wow how warm and friendly your comments on Hamilton are. Did you eat a Snickers bar before the show? (I’m just wondering how you got you blood sugar so high). Your saccharine comments are see through. We all know you are trying to save your own ass. Best of luck on the rest of your Ontario gigs, I have a feeling you’ll be seeing Vancouver quite soon.
go back out west fuckface

toodleloo

darren frost

www.comedywhore.com

now I can finally can go back and spend time on things that matter like new jokes and not begging patrons to buy my cds or trying to hide the truth



So my apologies, and attempts to make up didn't matter. Clearly they were threatened by my presence there, and so all I could do was keep my head low, and make sure my shows were good.

What I did was a mistake, but what those two cyber stalkers did was plain malicious. As Alanis says "I learned".