Monday, August 22, 2005

Where it began...


This is where it all began. When I went to Toronto, I knew I was going to be working the clubs during the off-season, which meant fewer shows, and fewer outside gigs (ie less money). So I rushed the release of my new CD to have it available on the tour, to make some more $$ and also have something to do on the 4 or 5 days a week I had off. So I set up a CD Launch at an Irish pub in every big city I played at. The first was Toronto, and Fionn MacCool's Irish Pub. I enlisted the help of my friends and a woman who lived about Peter Anthony, named Brandie Kelly. She would help me get the word out through promotions and email and such. Glenn Millar, at the pub had already decided to have an open mic for stand-up, run by Brett Martin, so he was keen on the idea of the CD launch. Brett and I are close friend's, so we used his night to promote my CD launch, and my CD Launch to promote his new room, and Matty Billon made sure the night was a rockin' good time. The room was far enough away from Yuk Yuks, and the show was on an off night for Yuks, so we were not in competition (with ourselves, as it were, being that all three of us are rostered to Yuk Yuks.

This picture is one of my favourites, because it shows us in our natural surroundings - leaned up against the bar, ready to go on...

No comments:

Post a Comment