Friday, August 17, 2007

music, poetry and jokes

On Wednesday night, I took my first run at combining poetry, music and comedy at the Arts Club's Backstage lounge. It held together well, and the audience relly liked it. So my pursuit of expanding my expressions, and my show, is starting to pay dividends. It is rmearkable for me how soon things have come around, spending my time on this instead of the drunken pointlessness of the stand-up community.

I was too late to get a song in at Yew York last night, but just watching Tea and Mike do their songs gives me ideas about what I can do up there and what new songs I can write.

I had a non-confrontational coffee with my brother. He's going to Ethiopia to get married and live, so it was good to meet with him before he left, put some old anger/anxiety to bed.

I have been working at a friends on some home repairs for her, and so I will be back at that for a few hours today, after I get a coffee or two in me. then the show tongith at the CopperTank. So, loyal readers, gotta go, but have yourselves a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment