Monday, October 03, 2005

Guy MacPhearson - the face behind the words




"What's So Funny?" hosted by Guy MacPhearson is on every Sunday at 11pm on 102.7. I was on last night.

Guy is Vancouver's only journalist to cover comedy, and has been doing his radio show for over a year. I'm not sure if Vancouver is aware how lucky it is to have an individual willing to commit to drawing an informed eye to comedy here. This lends an air of legitimacy to our comedy scene, as well as to the City of Vancouver as well. When I first met Guy, he was just starting to pursue comedy as a journalist,(he had been writing sports etc. before that). We have discussed many things over the years,at times, that has become heated. To his credit, he knows how to get a story. So last time I was on, early in the enterprize, I ended up dissing Brent Butt and "Corner Gas", and everybody listened to the show. Good radio. This time, Guy cut me some slack, and focussed on my comedy, running clips of George Carlin and Bobby Slaten, as well as clips from my CD, to referance the interview. In short, a well researched and strucutred show, that I believe, in it's own, less controversial right, was GOOD RADIO.Look for a copy of the interview on my website www.richardlett.com in the next few days. I include Guy's picture, because being a print and Radio "guy" means nobody knows what he really looks like. Now you do - (he's bald). Up top - That's Guy's beautiful assistant Kevin Smith in his natural setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment