Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Another one bites the dust

Just got an email from Lauren Hammersley that the open mic at Toby's is done. They come and they go. It's surprizing which ones stay and which ones go. Sort of... usually it's the ones with the budgets that go. Owners will let you play there room for free for as long as you want. Thats why El Cocal and the Well keep going. I'm headlining Lafflines this weekend. Lafflines is a great club, it's just that it's in a shitty neighbourhood. But I've always had fun out there.

The rain is still coming down, and I've got some stuff to do that will make me go out there. It is true that people are down right now. Activity is the key. I am trying to find a writing partner for comedy. Need to get some projects going. We'll be re-doing "The Happy Prince" in April - and I was talking with my old bankrobber buddy Stephen Reid. Peter Anthony and I having writing a screenplay based on Stephen's novel "Jack Rabbit Parole".

Two of my other film guys, Ric Bearisto and Mark Tuit, have put me off till end of February, so there's not much to do about that - except write stuff. It always begins with me writing...

I've taken to slagging Canadian TV
This Hour has 22 Viewers
Degrassi - the LAST Generation
The Royal Canadian Old Farts

And of course in Vancouver there's "DaVinci's Inquest/City Hall/Senate Appointment/Death" featuring some of Vancouver's coolest, toughest midgets in the business.(it's true that Nicholas Campbell and Ian Tracey are maybe 5'5", and anyone my size present a problem, so they just don't cast us.)

No comments:

Post a Comment