Thursday, January 19, 2006

The night I almost got in a fight with Chad Krueger

Krueger was hangin out with Kid Rock and Pamala Anderson at the Courtnal brothers fundraiser for a mental health centre, (ironic in itself)in Victoria. I had opened the night before for Michael Buble' at the MacPhearson, and Michael was closing the show at the Empress.Although I wasn't on the show, I was hangin out with Michael and the band. Krueger came backstage and muscled his way onto the show, saying a friend had promised to donate 5000 to the cause if he sang. He started demanding a guitar, and a guitar pick. He was being really obnoxious backstage, mocking the band and their music, saying "I'll show you how to write songs!" The band were all high end players from LA and the guitar, in particular, was a little guy. Any way Chad stole his guitar pick. (Apparently guitar players are very particular about guitar picks. Anyway, I felt for the guy. So after the show, i went up to Chad, whose not a very big guy, (compared to me anyway)and looked down into his little rat eyes and said "Any chance I can get that guitar pick back?" He was surrounded by autograph seekers at this point. He said "You mean the one I had so mouch trouble getting backstage?" I said "Yeah, that'd be the one." He dug into his pocket, pulled out the pick and handed it to me. I said "Thanks asshole." The autograph seekers looked stunned. He had no idea who I was. (I had the appearnace of a scurity type that night). He probably would've behaved different if he knew I was a comedian. Anyway, Buble's guitar player got his pick back, and my drinks we covered for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment