Thursday, September 24, 2009

My real life...











As hard as this is for some people to believe, the majority of my life is spent as man of faith. I have been a member of Central Presbyterian for twelve years (or so) and am excited now to have acquired the confidence of the session, to read the liturgies and compose and read the "Prayers of the People" at church.

I think the part I like best about this is the connection it allows me to people, either strong in their faith, or in conflict with it, and have something REAL to talk about. I find that sadly, BRUTALLY LACKING in the profession of Stand-Up Comedy. I have few friends in comedy, and I like to keep it that way. As Gillan (my elder) often says, "God tells us we must LOVE EVERYONE but - we don't have to like 'em!"
Here's some pictures of the people Jesus introduced me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment